Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Taper Week

I love and dislike taper week.  Love it because I know that race day is just around the corner.  What I don't like about it is the feeling that there's nothing more I can do.  Training in a sense has come to a close and now, I just have to wait and see what the fruits of my labor will end up being.  I found myself growing a bit restless today.  Still trying to figure out the right balance between doing too much or not doing enough during taper week.
I started the day with a 2 mile run.  I decided to take Matthew in the stroller.  It was a bit chilly but I bundled him up and he had a blast.  He 'Vroomed, Vroomed' the whole way which made me feel like I had extra bursts of energy along the way.  Very fun! 

 Here he is after the run


I normally work out for much more than 20 minutes a day so I decided to do a little cross training and mow the lawn with our new nifty-save-the environment-50's-mover.  I have to admit that I was very skeptical when my husband decided to make this purchase but after trying it out today, I am sold.  There's something mesmerizing about watching the blade go round and round and quietly cut your grass.  I ended up doing the whole lawn with a little help with little man Matthew and my sweet husband.

Here I am.  Check out my straight lines :)


Here's Sir Matthew.  His first attempt at moving.




Here's the Sweet Husband :)



After the lawn mowing cross training workout, I still have pent up energy that needs to be released.  Since I can't go run for an hour, I think I'll probably go to the gym later and do some upper body strength training and some core work.  That should give me my fix for the day and shouldn't interfere with my taper :)

No comments:

Post a Comment