Thursday, April 1, 2010

March Complete!

My third New Year resolution has come to a close. A part of me is sad because I enjoyed the challenge and accountability. This was by far the resolution that was the most time consuming but in the end left me with a great sense of accomplishment. Before embarking on my March goal, I was afraid that I was setting myself up for failure. Was it possible to really cut my 3 mile time by two whole minutes? Well as it turns out, it is actually possible to do. It was not an easy task but, I am proof that if you put in the training time, it is achievable!

End of the month results:

1 mile time: 8:00
2 mile time: 16:20
3 mile time: 24:29

Weight: 169 (I was hoping to get down to 167 but a trip to KC (to many yummy food temptations) during the last week of my resolution coupled with two missed runs pushed me up 1/2 lb. Nevertheless, I sill lost 3 lbs this month which is great :)

Overall, March was a success! I ran the fastest 3 miles in my life and think I can get faster. I have 19 lbs to lose to get to my goal weight and I think that the shedding of that weight will allow me to run even more efficiently. Who knows what I can achieve if I am actually going at my optimal fitness level. Whenever I think about it, I get inspired to keep pushing and moving forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment