Sunday, March 7, 2010

7 days finished

I have completed the first 7 days of my March resolution and am feeling pretty good. I feel encouraged after this week and I hope I can keep it up. I always start things really well but sometimes find it hard to finish strong. I have noticed this in my running too and am training in such a way so that my ending miles are better than my beginning miles. So far it's working on most of my runs. However, this was not true for my 8 miler yesterday. For some reason I really struggled after about mile 4 but was able to keep the pace until mile 6. After that instead of speeding up I slowed down by about 20 seconds per mile. I tried not to let that get to me and told myself that some runs are better than others and just because that run didn't feel the best doesn't mean all future runs will be a struggle.

Accomplishments this week:

1. I was able to meet my weekly mileage goal, two days of strength training, and on my day off did 1 hour of stretching. I also squeezed in a full body massage on Tuesday which was amazing. I have had two in the last month and will continue to do them every other week leading up to the half marathon. I'm hoping that this will keep everything in good working order :)

2. Food wise this week was also really good. I kept my food journal every day and was able to stay within my caloric goals with the exception of one day which was only 25 calories over. As a result my current weight is 170.4. A total of 1.6 lbs lost!

3. On track to meet my 3 mile goal time. There was a bit of a mix up with my 3 mile run this week (see previous post)and so my time for this week is for 2.5 miles which was 20 minutes. This time was more than I had hoped for with only a week into my resolution. This gives me hope that I can actually meet my 3 mile goal time by the end of the month!



What I hope to accomplish this next week:

Monday: upper body workout, core strengthening
Tuesday: 4 miles
Wednesday: lower body workout, core strengthening
Thursday: 3.5 miles speed workout
Friday: 5 miles
Saturday: 1 hour of stretching
Sunday: 8 mile tempo run

Weight loss goal: 1.5 lbs.

Bring on the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment