Monday, March 1, 2010

Cleaning Finished

I'm happy to say that I have successfully completed my second resolution of the year! My house is finally clutter free. Over the course of the month, I spent anywhere from 15 minutes to 1 1/2 hours organizing something every day. I was able to organize all my closets and even managed to get my garage looking in decent order. There's still work left to be done in the garage but that will have to wait for some other time. My most gratifying accomplishment was the kitchen where I was able to implement a system for all incoming, outgoing, and filing of mail/magazines/etc. My cupboards, drawers, and fridge also received some much needed attention.
Here are some 'after' pics of the areas I posted at the beginning of the month:












This month I discovered that I love to clean. It takes away stress and makes me feel fulfilled. It has the same effect on me as exercise does. If I feel stressed out or am having a bad day... I clean something and I automatically feel so much better!

After completing two 30 day resolutions, I discovered that my attention span for any one repetitive activity is about 20 days. After that, I start thinking about what I'm going to do next and start to lose motivation for my current resolution. I don't know what that means but it was interesting to me to discover :)

Bring on my March Resolution!

No comments:

Post a Comment