Friday, March 12, 2010

Self Doubt

After I finished running today I felt a bit discouraged. Feelings of self doubt started creeping in during my run. I started to doubt my ability to run the half marathon in under 2 hours. I started to doubt my training plan. Will it get me the results I want? Should I be doing more? I started to think about the weather the day of the race. What if it rains? What if it's windy? I then thought about my health on the day of the race. What if I get injured right before? What if I come down with the flu the day before the race? These and other thoughts plagued me as I ran my 4 miles today. There was a lot of wind today and it's possible that it was a factor on how I felt while running. I finished in 36:00 and it was a struggle. It made me wonder how I will do 13 of those at around that pace.
There are 7 weeks left until the half marathon and I know that there is time to improve. I keep telling myself that I have to stay the course and continue to follow my training schedule. There are certain things that are beyond my control no matter how much I train. Although at times it's hard for me, I will try to enjoy the journey and not worry so much about the results. Oh, how very hard this is for me!

1 comment:

  1. Keep going!!! I told my dad that this is the worse week in the training cus last time I got very discouraged during this week. But like you said, enjoy the journey, run like Caballo Blanco!! I read your previous posts...I think you can do it in 2 hours! Especially w/ Mikey doing it! Yay!!

    ReplyDelete